[TenTec] Scout band module extraction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout band module extraction
From: john@antenna.demon.co.uk (John Garrett)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:32 GMT0
OK, so I'm a clumsy brute - I broke the extraction lever on my Scout's 80m
band module trying to extract it.  After looking at what could be causing
the module to stick so tightly I discovered it was the solder on the edge
connector.  My 80 and 40m modules had quite a lot more solder on the
connector tracks than those on the other band modules (particularly on the
ground track) and were obviously jamming in the socket within the main
unit.  Quickly running the soldering iron down the connector tracks with
the board held track-end upwards cleared the surplus solder and now the
modules can be extracted quite smoothly and easily.

Hope that may help prevent other Scout users breaking their extractor
levers.

Cheers and 73 de John, G3RHP

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html