[TenTec] Netting with Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Netting with Paragon
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:48:27 -0500 (EST)

> I know that this problem is common to many HF transceivers.  I guess if
> you have a really narrow filter you're going to be somewhere near right
> but that's not the same as getting zero-beat :-)
>
> Also, how can I adjust the output power for less than 5 Watts for QRP
> operation without reducing the maximum output power achievable?

Using the extra reciver is a good way to check your offset. Once you hear
what it is supposed to be then you must remember that pitch from now on
and tune the other station in to that pitch. I adjusted my bfo and
sidetone pitch to match each other using a frequency counter then I tune
other stations for that pitch. It gets you in the ballpark at least.

As for the power reduction. Replace R44 with 10k ohms on 2nd mixer board.
Reselt ALC for 100 watts. This mod gives a range of 100w down to approx. 2
watts.

73

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky

--