[TenTec] Paragon Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Problem
From: wc7m@vcn.com (Jay E Ostrem)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 21:40:23 -0700 (MST)
Dear Paragon owners,

I just acquired a used Paragon, which has an interesting malady.  Here are
the symptoms:

When I switch the rig to transmit, and then speak, I get a pop in the
speaker.  If I hold the rig in transmit for awhile, then speak, the pop is
weaker.  If I wait 10 seconds before speaking, no pop occurs.

If I have the processor turned on, and blow into the mic, the meter
deflects, even though I am still in the receive mode, (VOX off).  This
doesn't occur with the processor off.

Anyone had a problem like this?

                            73

                            Jay W7CW in Gillette, Wyoming