[TenTec] Hercules II amplifier

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II amplifier
From: WY9X@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Lewis Fischer)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:38:41 +0000
I recently posted a question reguarding the new Hercules II amp I recently
received from TenTec.  There is an adjustable pot on the back panel, and a
jack below that, neither of which appear in the owner's manual.  I have just
received a message from Scott Robbins stating the jack provides for negative
ALC voltage feedback required with some older design transceivers.  The
adjustable pot sets the feedback voltage level.  I hope this information
will be of help to anyone buying a new Hercules II amp.  By the way, I
opened the amp to install the 10 meter mod, it appears to me to be quite
well built.  It works great with my OMNI VI PLUS.  There is no tuning, and
the Herc II even changes bands when I change bands on the OMNI.  The only
time I need to touch the amp is to turn it on and off!  Lew WY9X Waterloo, IL