[TenTec] Ten Tec 301

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 301
From: talbot@kmrmail.kmr.ll.mit.edu (George Arthur Talbot)
Date: Mon, 12 May 97 11:21:21+120
This sounds very similar to the encoder in the Ten Tec 1220 rig. It has
three pins, +5 volts, Phase 1 and Phase 2. On the 1220 the two phases are
pulled to ground through 47K resistors and fed directly into the
microprocessor. I would assume that they are just pulsing the two phases to
Vcc. The 'clicks' on the encoder are fairly wide (about 5 degrees) and may
prove too coarse for an HF rig Tuning knob. Remember the 1220 just tunes in
5 KHz or 2.5 KHz steps.

The Ten Tec part number is: 32112 You would have to call them for the Price.
Can't be much as the whole kit is only $200.

If you want more info I can make some measurements.

George

<snip>
>It will probably cost around 40-50 dollars.
>
>You want the Oak Grigsby encoder, model 90Q125-02-00245.
>
>The schematic is even simpler:
>
>Encoder:       - = (ground)
>               empty = nothing
>               A = (phase 1)
>               + = (+5v)
>               B = (phase 2)
>
>(-, A, +, B = pin identifiers on the encoder)
>
>DB25(to radio):        1 and 14 = (ground)
>               6 = (Phase 1)
>               8 = (Phase 2)
>               16 = (+5v)

<snip>

>Dale Martin, KG5U
>kg5u@hal-pc.org
>http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

George Ar?hur Talbo? V73GT AH8H ex WB6VPS ZD8GT ZD7GT ZD9CR
Raytheon Range Systems Engineering Support
United States Army Kwajalein Atoll
Roi-Namur Island, Marshall Islands
9 Deg 23' 47" North 167 Deg 28' 31" East
Islands On The Air IOTA OC-28
Pacific Inter Island Net 0800 UTC 14.315 USB Nightly
Other Times available by Schedule

Mailing address.

George Ar?hur Talbo?
Box 8358