[TenTec] The "box", and the "stuff"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The "box", and the "stuff"
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc.)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 12:10:45 Eastern Daylight Time
At 08:46 AM 5/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all TT fans,
>  Since I was among the group of unfortunates that could not make it to
>Dayton. Could someone elaborate or supply some details of this
>"computerized HF DSP "black box" receiver" ???

I'll briefly elaborate for you:  We brought the prototype of a
"black box" HF DSP computer controlled receiver to display in our booth
at Dayton.  The physical receiver itself is literally a black box with
a speaker in the top and a rod antenna on the back, and connects to
a COM port on your computer.  All the functions and operating of the
receiver are done with software, point and click.  It operates all modes,
built-in DSP filtering 300 Hz to 6 kHz, lots of features than can be
customized to your listening preference.  No spec sheet, features list, etc.,
are available for it as it's not a finished item.  This is not going to be
a kit; it will be sold assembled.  If, and I emphasize *if* we offer it for
sale it will not be until late 1997 or early 1998 as we are still toying with
it.  We brought it there to get comments on possible retail price, features,
etc., to help us decide where we are going to go with it in the future.

>   Also, is TenTec T-shirts and such available for sale besides at Dayton?
>I don't remember seeing anything about them. If so, where and how
>much? I'd wear a TT T-shirt over a rice box hat anyday. But then again,
>maybe I should wear the t-shirt like everybody else, it would look more
>normal  :-)

Good question.  Ten-Tec does not sell these items (except for our embroidered
baseball caps).  Our logo is being bootlegged by some enterprising hams and
placed on hats, t-shirts, and coffee cups.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Ten-Tec Sales