[TenTec] TenTec SSB 2M Handheld

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec SSB 2M Handheld
From: shenson@uiuc.edu (Stan Henson)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:24:55 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 06:55:35 +0800

>To: tentec@contesting.com
>From: Joe and Tam  BV/N0IAT <joentam@transend.com.tw>
>Subject: [TenTec] TenTec SSB 2M Handheld
>Sender: owner-tentec@contesting.com

>>Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Gear List - Almost...TKS!
>>
>>While it's not HF gear, I seem to recall TenTec selling a 2M SSB
>>handheld transceiver...or maybe it was FM only....Vintage 1980 or
>>1981.  Anyone know the model number and details?
>>
>>73,
>>Joe
>>BV/N0IAT

It is a 2 meter FM portable - I have one I bought at the ARRL National
Convention in NYC when Owen Garriot, W5LFL, was the main speaker.  Mine
still works fine, but found out it's not on TT's trade-in list when I
bought my Omni VI last year.  Seems that the microprocessor in the HT is
obsolete so when it dies, the radio becomes a paperweight.  TT still sold
battery packs for them as of a year ago when I got a new one.  I was told
that TT did not actually build the HT, but bought it from another
manufacturer.  The model number was a 4 digit one - something like 2519.  I
have a manual and other paperwork and could look up some details, if anyone
is interested.
Stan, W9JX (was KB9UM til last month)

ps) My Omni VI Option 3 number is 148 and no shipping instructions yet.

- - - - -
Stanley W. Henson, 217  244-1254
University of Illinois/CCSO
- - - - -