[TenTec] Re: mid-line rig, we need one!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: mid-line rig, we need one!
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:42:53 -0400 (EDT)
Another vote for a mid-line radio from Ten Tec.

Around $1000, Omni VI styling, but smaller, fewer features, band
modularity (via add-in circuit boards, not band modules), not so
much firmware & software as the Omni VI.

>From what I gather, Ten Tec has no plans for a mid-line rig because
such a radio would end up costing more than mid-line rigs from other
manufacturers.

In my opinion, I'd pay that extra bit for the Ten Tec.  The gap
between good price and good performance in their current line is
just too wide.

I'd like to see what Ten Tec could do for $1000.  I'm sure it wouldn't
be as fully featured as rigs from other manufacturers, but to me, it
wouldn't be a problem.  Given the success of the Scout, it appears
that bells and whistles aren't all that important to a great number of
other people as well.

Andrew M. Moore, NV1B
CFO #963
dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu