[TenTec] OMNI VI updates from 1992?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI updates from 1992?
From: turner@safety.ICS.UCI.EDU (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:21:55 -0700
Hello All:

Long story, but I had to sell my 1994 OMNI VI last year since I
needed money badly then.  I found a 1992 OMNI VI last week and
the fellow wanted so little money that I could afford it.  Great
news for my shack.

Now, this is an early production unit, doesn't have the second
order IMD mod in it (I have a strong BC station that hurts the
front end of this OMNI that did not affect the other one that had
the mod) and I wonder if anyone has a list of the standard
factory mods done to the later production models so that I
can update my OMNI before I send it in for the option 3 upgrade.

Ten Tec says it would take another 7-10 days after the upgrade
to have the service dept look at it, so I want to do the simple
stuff myself and maybe won't need to send it on for service
after the upgrade is done.....in September!

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Clark
WA3JPG

P.S. Anyone know the adjustment to correct the display if it has
about the same error on each band?  I recall it was simple, but
don't recall where to do it.