[TenTec] Omni-VI to VI Plus upgrades

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI to VI Plus upgrades
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:49:58 -0500
On Monday, June 23, 1997 9:30 AM, Ten-Tec, Inc.[SMTP:sales@tentec.com] wrote:
>At 09:38 PM 6/20/97 +0000, N1LQ wrote:
>>
>>Does anyone know at what point approx. TT is in this process. I have
>>seen some numbers in the upper thirties in line already retuned to their
>>owners.  I'm standing at #55. No word yet.
>>
>>Just want to be sure that I haven't been passed over by accident.
>>

>We have done the first 45 already.  The next 50 or so should be called in
>the near future to send them in.  We are awaiting parts delivery from our
>component suppliers to build passband tuning boards at present (which
>accounts for the current delay in shipping new Omni-VI Plus transceivers
>as well).  I'll be posting additional information in the near future
>about the upgrades.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott Robbins, W4PA
>Amateur Radio Sales, Ten-Tec, Inc.

>Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
>  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern time:  Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
>  Repair (423) 428-0364 8 am-4 pm.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
>  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales and
>  general product info only.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
>  Please do not e-mail us unsolicited picture files.
>
>  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and commerical
>  use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel enclosures and has an
>  on-premises, fully equipped tool and die facility supplying the metal
>  and plastic injection mold industries.  Potential tool and die, custom
>  enclosure or communications electronics customer?  Contact us.
>  We do small quantity jobs.
>

>--

Thanks, Scott.  That means mine will be available for Field Day.
That's great.  For many in the club (Texas DX Society), it was
their first exposure to the Omni VI.  It received rave reviews by
all who got to operate it.

Look forward to hearing from you with 'the call' in July!

73,

Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u