[TenTec] Ten Tec List

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec List
From: BEAMERJA@lbh.panamsat.com (Jay A Beamer)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:31:00 +0000
           ***Message delivered from cc:Mail***

From:    Jay A Beamer@4H-MAILC05
To:      smtp:TenTec@contesting.com

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: 6/25/97 10:32AM
Subject: Ten Tec List
Greetings,

My name is Jay, KM6VX, and I just subscribed to the TT reflector a couple of
days ago and love it. I've been liscensed 5 yrs 4 mos and acquired my first
Ten
Tec in 1993 (an Argonaut 515, and no it's not for sale).

Approximately 2 years ago, I considered putting together a list of all Ten Tec
products since day one, and even considered a Ten Tec users net, possibly on
20
meters. I never acted on either, but mentioned to others who thought both were
good ideas.

Anyway, a friend of mine (Joe, N6OIP) mentioned a couple of weeks ago that
someone brought the idea up of putting together a list but Joe never mentioned
any of the details to me. He mentioned it to me because we had discussed it in
the past. I have an idea how anyone on this reflector could participate if
they
choose. I believe we can minimize the envolvement of Ten Tec so they can focus
on new products. I'm sure they'd be willing to help in a pinch. Virtually all
this info should be available from old magazines, brochures, receipts, and
personal experiences.

Ultimately, I believe it should take 3 people to be focal points and lighten
the
load of a single individual trying to accomlish this project. These 3 people
would sift, sort, organize, tabulate, and publish the data. Each item should
also contain a brief description.

Here's the idea:

Week One (Rigs and Amplifiers)
One of the focal point people throws out a list of rigs and amplifiers to the
reflector. Anyone with info to add to the list (model, price, yeas available,
etc.) would respond to the focal point person only (this will minimize clutter
on the reflector). The focal point person will compile the list and then
publish
the list to the reflector. Maybe the list should be published to all
interested
parties after the project is complete?

Week Two (Accessories and Tuners)
Same as week one. List all non-rig accessories, including price and
availability. This would include the mobile matching unit, mobile whip
antennas,
microphones, etc. (dont't forget the Signalizer).

Week Three (Rig specific accessories)
List 5 rigs (maybe 10) each week until we've made it through them all. Again,
repeat of week one. For each rig, all the accessories will be listed,
including
matching tuner, power supply, filters, model numbers, price, etc.

The goal, I believe, is to have a complete reference for all past, present,
and
future Ten Tec owners. Wouln't it be wonderful for one of our future Ten Tec
brothers or sisters to be able to read about this wonderful device that
existed
once upon a time ago called a 301?

Any comments? If so, make them brief. Remember, this is for fun.

73,

Jay A. Beamer/KM6VX
Torrance, Ca,
(310)366-7408