[TenTec] low priced Ten-Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] low priced Ten-Tec
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 25 Jun 1997 13:25:47 -0500
My Scout has been used for Field Day, which is after all a contest.  In the
way you work a contest for the most points, and by the rules, you have to stay
on a certain band for a period of time, or as long as you are working new
QSO's.  In this type of operation last Field Day we scored 8th in Field Day in
our class, and no problems with band modules.  We are about to do it again
this weekend.

As someone stated, if you do a lot of operation, lube the contacts from time
to time, be careful how you insert and change modules, and if the contacts get
loose you replace the connector.  Not much different from a dozen multichannel
recorders I have worked with for over 27 years, that had a plug in for every
track of 28.

73, Stuart K5KVH
rohre@arlut.utexas.edu