[TenTec] FB OMNI V for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FB OMNI V for sale
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul Helbert)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 20:23:44 -0400
FOR SALE:  Ten Tec OMNI V    Model 562 HF transceiver.

Ten Tec sells 'em used, tested, (gauranteed 10 days trial, 30 days
parts) for $1225.00.
Mine is like new, tested at factory less than a year ago, new internal
battery installed at that time, original box, manual, etc., same
gaurantee as factory for $995.00.  (Ten Tec buys for $800.00 and sells
for $1225.00 as of this morning's posting to this reflector from the
factory.)

This is the best radio I have ever owned (or seen.).  It looks and works
like new.  I bought this transceiver from Scott Robbins, W4PA who is
well known to the readers of  this group.  Scott had a small toggle
switch added on the rear pannel to avoid having to remove the cover to
select the antenna relay mode when using an amp.  Scott also replaced
R46 on the 9 MHz IF board  with a 1K Ohm resistor to allow RF power to
be turned down to about 1/3 Watt from the front pannel rather than the
25 Watts standard minimum.  These mods are well documented.   The rig
contains the latest version (5.1) software.  This radio is without
blemish.

Paul Helbert, Wv3j
540 896 7107