[TenTec] OMNI VI UPGRADE #3

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI UPGRADE #3
From: tlwideman@eee.org (TROY WIDEMAN)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:13:13 -0700
Just received my OMNI VI back from T-T with the Option 3 upgrade. I
would like to thank the folks at Ten-Tec for both an excellant mod
package and an exceptional job. Not only does the rig perform as
advertized but I was amazed when, upon opening the box, the rig looked
as though it were a new unit!
 I do recommend the upgrade. I had been trying to use a NIR-10 DPS with
very little satisfaction. T-T's DSP is just right. Another feature that
is very attractive to me is the split menu-the menu items that I use
most are all grouped in menu 1- perfect!! The only thing I am cosidering
is a minor change in the audio amp to improve low frequency response
(anybody done this?) since I prefer a little more bass.
 Thanks again to the T-T folks. 73, Troy, W6HV