[TenTec] OMNI VI and AL811H

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI and AL811H
From: reinc@iaehv.IAEhv.nl (reinc@iaehv.IAEhv.nl)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:48:34 +0000
Anybody out there who is also using combination of OMNI VI and
Ameritron AL811H?

Somehow this combination shoots the tx/rx switch of the trx. The rig
broke down during the IARU test for the 4th time, always one of the
tx/rx switching transistors kaputt, this time aux rx input as well as
one of the PA transistors went with it..
The symptoms are always the same... suddenly the power supply starts
tripping when more then 10W power is applied.. Measurement shows
current shoots over 30A.

Last time people at Tentec told me these transistors NEVER break, and
if they do it's because of static discharge. Well, this time I had
diodes across the aux input (connected to an EWE) and they are still o.k.

AM I REALLY THE ONLY ONE ??

73,

Rein PA0RCT