[TenTec] LP/NR Omni-VI Plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] LP/NR Omni-VI Plus
From: bcotter@pop.uky.edu (Bill Cotter)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:14:08 -0400
Scott,

As a suggestion to Engineering: perhaps the next OMNI logic board rev
could incorporate a FLASH-ROM or EEPROM whereby we could upgrade the
radio via PC diskette, the web or FTP downloads.

Thanks,

73 Bill N4ALG

At 03:34 PM 7/28/97 Time, you wrote:

>At 08:28 AM 7/26/97 -0400, KF4HK wrote:
>>I must agree with W6SX and voiced this with Ten-Tec 2-3 weeks after
operating
>>VI + here. Are we going to be faced with an E-Prom upgrade for $20. late
>>1997/early 1998
>>?   Auto Notch, Filter Select, Proc., Ant. etc return to status when
turned
>>on. NR and LP Must be turned on again. Do not understand.
>>73
>>Jim
>
>Hi Jim (and all):
>
>We are aware that the DSP LP and DSP NR do not retain setting of "on"
>if the transceiver power is turned off and back on again with the
>Omni-VI Plus, unlike most other functions.  This is a software issue
>that will need to be considered by us at a future date.  We have no
>plans at this time to make an EPROM update to the VI Plus.
>
>Scott Robbins, W4PA
>Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec, Inc.

>Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
>  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern time:  Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
>  Repair (423) 428-0364 8 am-4 pm.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
>  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales and
>  general product info only.  We presently do not offer repair or
>  kit building tech support by electronic mail, please telephone.
>  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
>
>  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and commerical
>  use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel enclosures and has an
>  on-premises, fully equipped tool and die facility supplying the metal
>  and plastic injection mold industries.  Potential tool and die, custom
>  enclosure or communications electronics customer?  Contact us.
>  We do small quantity jobs.
>

>--

| Bill Cotter, Manager of R&D          Mail:   bcotter@pop.uky.edu |
| Communications and Network Systems   Pager:  (606) 259-6082      |
| Parking Structure 2, Room-4, 0198    Phone:  (606) 323-6474      |
| University of Kentucky               FAX:    (606) 257-9400      |
| Lexington, KY 40506-0198             Home:   (606) 887-5563,2402 |