[TenTec] Pleased w/ Omni VI +1

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pleased w/ Omni VI +1
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul Helbert)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:48:18 -0400
--------------324FE57C9759513B3FB3C936

Thanks again for the fine Omni VI +1 you sold me, John.  The past couple
of nights we have done side by side comparisons between it and an FT
1000 (with similar filters) at two different hamshacks.  We have
consistently found it possible to copy weak signals on both SSB and CW
with the Omni that gave us trouble on the Yeasu.  The noise level
difference was noticeable and always favored the Omni.  The Omni usually
had more pleasing receive audio.  (The difference may have been due to
the the placement of the rigs it the room.)  We were pleased with the
Omni DSP noise reduction's ability to bring up signals with very little
distortion.  The Ten Tec rig was also easier operate due to uncluttered
and logical lay out of controls, and operating parameters could be
quickly and easily changed without resorting to the manual for
instructions.

The other interesting result of the side by side comparisons was that my
friend was very positively impressed with my 40-45 foot high horizontal
80 meter loop.  He thought it quieter than any low band antennas he had
and was amazed at the dx we heard.  (That test was more subjective than
the others as our locations are ten miles apart and differ in many
ways.)

--------------324FE57C9759513B3FB3C936

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Thanks again for the fine Omni VI +1 you sold me, John.&nbsp; The past
couple of nights we have done side by side comparisons between it and an
FT 1000 (with similar filters) at two different hamshacks.&nbsp; We have
consistently found it possible to copy weak signals on both SSB and CW
with the Omni that gave us trouble on the Yeasu.&nbsp; The noise level
difference was noticeable and always favored the Omni.&nbsp; The Omni usually
had more pleasing receive audio.&nbsp; (The difference may have been due
to the the placement of the rigs it the room.)&nbsp; We were pleased with
the Omni DSP noise reduction's ability to bring up signals with very little
distortion.&nbsp; The Ten Tec rig was also easier operate due to uncluttered
and logical lay out of controls, and operating parameters could be quickly
and easily changed without resorting to the manual for instructions.

<P>The other interesting result of the side by side comparisons was that
my friend was very positively impressed with my 40-45 foot high horizontal
80 meter loop.&nbsp; He thought it quieter than any low band antennas he
had and was amazed at<TT> the dx we heard.&nbsp; (That test was more subjective
than the others as our locations are ten miles apart and differ in many
ways.)</TT></HTML>

--------------324FE57C9759513B3FB3C936--