[TenTec] Too Low An SWR Can Kill You!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Too Low An SWR Can Kill You!
From: utahfolk@konnections.com (utahfolk@konnections.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 05:08:29 -0700
On Wed, Sept 24, I sent a egram on the above topic to this
reflector.  Returning home today I found more than one egram
calling me to task saying that I have stated that the SWR on
the line can be changed by the tuner in the shack.  Reading
now what I sent, it sure looks like these folks are correct!
But I KNOW THAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE SWR WITH A TUNER!  How
can this be?  Finally figgered it out ... a bit messy but here
it is ... I was working on two egrams simultaneously, one to
tentec (Pblm #1) and the other (Pblm #2) to an individual where I was
showing the effects of actually resonating the antenna, X=0.
In the resulting cut-and-pasting I scrambled Pblm #2 results
into Pblm #1 ... thus ignore those paragraphs in my posting which
refer to the SWR = 6.

My apology to all and thanks to the folks who kindly but squarely
nailed me to da wall and I thank them for not blasting away
in public.  Taught me to read what I compose by cut-and-paste!

..... de Dave w0mhs