Re[2]: [TenTec] OMNI VI PLUS Owners & Harley owners-Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[2]: [TenTec] OMNI VI PLUS Owners & Harley owners-Reply
From: Reid_W_Simmons@ccm2.hf.intel.com (Reid W Simmons)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 97 10:15:00 PDT
Text item:

   Well, I have had my one and only Ten Tec HF rig (an OMNI VI "enhanced") for
   little over 5 years now.  For the 31 years prior to that I had dozens of
rigs
   both US and Asian made.  I continue to test and evaluate almost every new
   offering and have concluded that there is NO rig currently on the Amateur
   Radio market that I would replace my OMNI VI with at any price.  There are,
   however, some rigs I would like to supplement the OMNI with, but they are
all
   tube rigs and have been out of production for 25 to 30 years!

   As for Harleys, yes they DID have a bad reputation during the years they
were
   owned by AMF (the bowling alley people), but since the management buyout of
   HD in the early 80's there products have been top rate and highly sought
   after by enthusiasts all over the world (Austria has more HD owners per
   capita than anywhere else).  And there a 2+ year waiting list to get a new
   one, and used ones command very high prices... like Ten Tec rigs.

   Reid, K7YX