[TenTec] Re: SALE! Argonaut 509 with filter and Mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: SALE! Argonaut 509 with filter and Mic
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul Helbert)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 21:13:16 -0400
--------------113ACFD3C9FE177ADA341930

I can't imagine why I bought this.  It is beautiful!  Better than Mike
described.  I'd give the rig an 8.5 to 9.0 and the filter a 10.  I'll
use it in the fox hunts for a week or two, but would like to pass it
along to someone with more space.  So I'm offering it for sale again
just as Mike did a month ago.  The receipts for the $150.00 work Ten Tec
did (included complete check out) are included.

Mike Duke's original offer to sell this radio is quoted below.

Paul Helbert, Wv3j

> The Argonaut is in reasonable condition, just back from Ten-Tec in May.
> They re-built the vfo, re-strung the dial, gave it a general tune-up, and
> replaced one of the plastic side pannels.
>
> The filter is the matching 208, and the microphone appears to be the
> Ten-Tec mic.  The stand says Ten-tec, but I can't find a number on the
> mic.
>
> The manual is a bit ragged.
>
> I'll ship it to you in the box which Ten-tec used to return the rig to me.
> I prefer to sell, and will take $250 obo shipped.
>
> Sorry, filter hunters, it's a package deal.
>
> 72/73
> Mike
>
> AMATEUR RADIO STATION K 5 X U
> Jackson, Mississippi

--------------113ACFD3C9FE177ADA341930

<HTML>
I can't imagine why I bought this.&nbsp; It is beautiful!&nbsp; Better
than Mike described.&nbsp; I'd give the rig an 8.5 to 9.0 and the filter
a 10.&nbsp; I'll use it in the fox hunts for a week or two, but would like
to pass it along to someone with more space.&nbsp; So I'm offering it for
sale again just as Mike did a month ago.&nbsp; The receipts for the $150.00
work Ten Tec did (included complete check out) are included.

<P>Mike Duke's original offer to sell this radio is quoted below.

<P>Paul Helbert, Wv3j
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>The Argonaut is in reasonable condition, just back from Ten-Tec in May.
They re-built the vfo, re-strung the dial, gave it a general tune-up, and
replaced one of the plastic side pannels.

The filter is the matching 208, and the microphone appears to be the
Ten-Tec mic.&nbsp; The stand says Ten-tec, but I can't find a number on the
mic.

The manual is a bit ragged.

I'll ship it to you in the box which Ten-tec used to return the rig to me.
I prefer to sell, and will take $250 obo shipped.

Sorry, filter hunters, it's a package deal.

72/73
Mike

AMATEUR RADIO STATION K 5 X U
Jackson, Mississippi</PRE>