[TenTec] OMNI VI PROBLEM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI PROBLEM
From: 0007359114@MCIMAIL.COM (Bill Straw)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 21:35:37 -0500 (EST)
  This is somewhat of an esoteric question, I hope I
can get a response from the reflector!

  I run the NA contesting program and have the OMNI VI
connected to serial port 1. It has worked really well,
the program and radio are in sync. Turns out it only
works OK on CW. I have been getting ready for the SSB
SS tomorrow, and now find that when the OMNI VI is put
into VOX mode, it trips spastically, no matter what the
gain, delay, or antivox are set at. If I unhook the
microphone it still trips spastically every 3-4 seconds.
BUT if I pull the DB-9 out of the serial port ( that is
unhooking the radio from the computer) all is back to
normal.

  So, something about the radio-computer connection
causes the VOX to trip spastically every 3-4 seconds,
EVEN WITH THE MIC DISCONNECTED !

  All is well with CW, so the answer is to just not
use the interface for SSB tests, or get a foot switch.

Any ideas on this problem ??

73 BILL WB0O