[TenTec] OMNI V Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V Problem
From: milewski@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU (Steve Milewski)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 07:45:27 -0800
I had the same problem with my Omni VI shortly after I bought it. After
speaking  with the Ten Tec support folks over the phone, I had to send it
back for servicing.

For the life of me, I can't remember what they replaced. I'm trying to find
my old receipt and when I do, I'll post the info to this group.

But you're correct, it's internally generated. I connected my Omni VI to an
auto battery and turned off all the power in the house and still had S9
"static".

It's also interesting to note, that I just received my Omni VI back from the
Option 3 upgrade and it seems to be very susceptible to noise. Operating on
40 and 80 is almost impossible with the pulsing static. It doesn't seem to
be internally generated at this point, but I'm feeling I should have just
left the radio alone.

Steve
AA7FL