[TenTec] Corsair filter questions??????????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair filter questions??????????
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 16:24:47 -0800
>       I have a Corsair 1
> I understand it uses Six Pole filters " six crystals".
> I am hunting for a 500hz CW filter, Number 285, I think.

Yes, the optional CW filters for the Corsair I (and II and OMNI V, VI)
are 6 pole filters, 282 and 285.  These filters go into the 6.3 MHz
IF, no options in the 9 MHz IF, just the one model 220 2.4 kHz
filter.

> Can a newer style 8 pole filter plug into same slot?

No such thing from Ten Tec as far as I know.  The only 8 pole
CW filter from Ten Tec is the 217, 500 Hz filter, but it is for
the 9 MHz IF, not the 6.3 MHz IF, it will not fit into the optional
slot for the Corsair.  If someone offers you an 8 pole CW filter,
it will not be for the 6.3 MHz IF, it will not be the optional
filter for the Corsair.

Clark
WA3JPG