[TenTec] FT-1000D

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FT-1000D
From: prvalko@oakland.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 06:52:09 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Chris Robson wrote:

Quoting someone else:
>> But a guy pointed out to me and said have you ever noticed when
>>a TT rig is listed it says just back from the factory?  My orginal post
>>was to show the flip side of the coin on TT service, thats after owning
>>many TT thru-out the years and alot of personal experiences....
>
> I guess Ten Tec makes it too easy to have their customer sends back their
> radios. I find most other hams running other equipment just wait six months
> and buy the next version...

I dunno it THAT'S exactly true... BUT I currently own 15 TenTecs
(not bragging here, because they're mostly old CHEAP QRP rigs - your Omni
VI+ cost more that all my rigs put together) and I been a ham for over 20
years and have NEVER sent a TenTec in for service.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics

www.acs.oakland.edu/~prvalko