[TenTec] Ten Tec upgrades

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec upgrades
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 11 Dec 1997 11:33:49 -0500
Got to comment,
As an owner of three Ten Tec Radios, which have not required factory service
on my watch, ( A couple are prior owned), I do have to plug another aspect of
Ten Tec.

When was the last time your American or other car maker came out and said "for
 a nominal fee, we will factory upgrade your 1991 car to the 1998 features the
other guys have, and some they don't have!"  Or any other manufacturer of a
product?  I have seen nothing but praise for the upgrades to the Omni VI plus.
 Makes me seriously striving to save the pennies for a new Omni, and retire
the "back-up" Rice box I have!!

I hasten to add, in addition to Ten Tec, I have a number of other radios, and
the majority are American manufacture, including a number of the new QRP kits
from Ten Tec and others.  All have been well worth the money.  Quality and
price can be found in our own goods.

73,  and Happy Holidays, hope a new TT is under your tree! Stuart K5KVH