[TenTec] KR-40 keyer wiring diagram and/or manual

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KR-40 keyer wiring diagram and/or manual
From: n4tg@tricon.net (ralph h young)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:27:55 -0500
Hello - I am looking for a manual and/or wiring diagram for a TEN-TEC KR-40
Keyer.  It still works ok but has developed a voltage between the case and
ground.  I believe that the keyer was made in 1971.  The story behind the
keyer - As a fairly new 17 year old Novice in 1971, my dad and I drove down
to TT (about 80 miles from here) and got a personal tour from K4FW?  On
Christmas I found a brand new Kr-40 underneath the Christmas tree.  My first
NEW piece of radio gear!

BTW - I just removed a  model 218 1.8 KHZ SSB 9MHZ filter from my Omni V and
replaced it with a 500 KHZ RTTY filter.  If anyone is interested in the
1.8KHZ filter - drop me a note at n4tg@tricon.net.

Also (I'm brand new to this reflector) - could some one tell me how the
"Narrow" filters work in the Omni 6 Plus?  Does it provide 2 or 3 9MHZ if
Filters?  COuld I have A 500khz rtty AND A 500 KHZ cw  filter or even more?

Ralph N4TG
Kingsport, Tennessee