[TenTec] #253 Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] #253 Tuner
From: seay@alaska.net (Jan & Del Seay)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:12:03 -0000
I've probably opened and worked on literally thousands of
radios in my 45 years of radio work, from both smoking
and non-smoking environments. Residue that is airborne
from tobacco use probably has less effect on the equipment
than a lot of other airborne gunk.
It all depends on the individual user as to the effect. If
you're conscientious about cleaning the equipment, then no
problem. If not - of course the stuff builds up and looks
horrible. Any gear with open relays can be effected by the
buildup.
Equipment that is located inside a house where cooking
is done is far worse for problems.
"Non-Smoker" statements on radios for sale says more about
the sellers self importance than actual impacts on the radios.
de KL7HF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>