[TenTec] Omni VII Requirements/KB8N Design

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII Requirements/KB8N Design
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:37:44 EST
In a message dated 97-12-22 15:59:41 EST, GoWest@classic.msn.com writes:

<< Here are my suggestions for an OMNI VII, in order of priority:

 1.  Keep it simple and basic
 2.  Give us 4 filters in the second IF (instead of 2: Omni VI; 3: OmniVI+).
 3.  Add the possibility for inserting a pre-selector (filter) into the
receive
 antenna line.  These are necessary for multi-multi contest operations or when
 one lives near a broadcast station. Also, even though the Omni VI is great,
 when using a BIG wire antenna such as the Carolina Windom 160 here in Europe,
 we do get cross mod which the filter eliminates entirely.   In Germany we
 typically use Braun ($1000+) or the one suggested by the Bavarian Contest
Club
 as described in the CQ Contest magazine a couple of months ago (I have both).
 I've done this to all six of my Ten Tecs (as well as my several Rice Boxes).
 It requires only the addition of two phono jacks prior to the RX RF amp.

4.  Follow the excellent suggestions of Paul, KB8N, especially his point #1.
 Good thought.  You can tell he is a contester (as I am).>>

Gang,  I'd be glad to FAX (telefax) or mail you my redesigned Omni and welcome
your comments and suggestions.  Give me your FAX # or send a SASE to 1703
Brush Creek Drive, San Antonio, TX 78248

73,  Paul