[TenTec] Omni VII and then some

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VII and then some
From: Cosmo224@aol.com (Cosmo224)
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 19:22:02 EST
Greetings all

As regards to VHF/UHF use, adding the ability to display
xverter out frequencies that can be set to compensate
for off-frequency transverters would be nice.  Example:
my overly expensive ricebox allmode 2mtr rig can show
1296 and 2304 frequencies but I have not found out how
to compensate for the 1296 transverter not quite on
frequency i.e. 144.1 does not quite equal 1296.1.  Have
to mentally calculate the compensation...
The low phase noise Omni's are perfect for a quiet receive
setup when doing weak signal work.
Better yet, why not introduce a dedicated 2m and 432mhz
all mode rig with the ability to pull out the final block and
dirve microwave transverters directly - no 40db pads between
the rig and xverter.  The rig does not have to have hundreds
of functions that will never get used - just the basics.  Throw
in a reasonably low price and the microwave and satellite
ops will jump for joy.

73 de AA9IL
Mike