[TenTec] Ten Tec/Yaesu Rumor Time (Again...)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec/Yaesu Rumor Time (Again...)
From: wb2vuo@juno.com (William K Hibbert)
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 14:38:35 EST
It must be a New Years-type of thing.  The rumors are circulating about
Yaesu buying out Tne Tec, keeping the enclosures and Mil-Spec lines here,
and moving everything else out to the Far East...

One "Service Control" station on 7.258 even went as far as to tell
everyone to "Dump the Ten Tec rigs before you need parts or service
'cause Yaesu ain't gonna fix a dam` thing made in Tennesee..."

I have seen a couple of these on packet, and heard a number of comments
since Xmas on 75 & 40, just the same as last year.

Funny, I don't see any panic selling of Ten Tec rigs out there yet...

72/73, Keith, WB2VUO, 100% QRP from the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp
"My night light runs more power than my Rig!!!"