[TenTec] Ten Tec wider SSB filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec wider SSB filter
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:15:22 -0800
Thanks for the thoughts!  Yes, there are at least a few of us who
would really like to have wider SSB filtering in the OMNI V and
VI.  I, personally, would like to have a pair of 2.9 kHz SSB
filters, one for the 9 MHz IF and one for the 6.3 MHz IF and maybe
SSB would not sound like space aliens coming through my speaker,
hi hi.  Really, with a decent outboard speaker, the Kenwood rigs
with 2.7 kHz SSB filters sound very, very nice, and with a pair
of them the slopes are nice and high and the PBT or IF shift
works just as well when you would like to narrow it down (or
you can use the 2.1 or 1.8 filters out there).

If you ask as part of this whole deal, the answer would be interesting
to me, very interesting indeed.

Clark
WA3JPG, already interested in the 250 Hz CW filter possibility.