[TenTec] Omni VI Vox problem and mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Vox problem and mods?
From: wp1076@bingo.baynet.de (Wolfgang Peringer)
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 00:57:33 +0100
Hello:

I bought a used Omni VI a few days ago after looking for that transceiver
for a very long time. They are really rare  here in Germany. There seems to
be a problem with the Vox. When I set the gain to a level higher than 10
the transceiver starts switching between tx and rx again and again. This
occurs even when the mike is not connected. Playing with the antivox
settings doesn`t help. I changed the TX Audio Board (81597) with the board
from a friend`s Omni VI plus but I had the same problem with his board.  My
Omni VI is a very early production unit. It was bought in October 1992.

Any suggestions what I should check first?

As I am interested in upgrading the Omni VI I would like to know if there
are any factory modifications in later production units. The 2nd order IMD
mod is already built in.

vy 73

W.Peringer@bingo.baynet.de
DK7CY
G-QRP#8354; QRP-L#1200

P.S.: Where can I get a TenTec night-shirt for my XYL?