[TenTec] Delta II info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II info
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (NW9G)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:44:50 -0500
At 11:38 AM 1/26/98 -0800, Greg Deiss wrote:
>Does anyone out there have any experience with the Delta II (TenTec
>model 536)?  I'm in the process of buying one, and I see much on this
>reflector about nearly everything else TenTec-related but nothing about
>the 536.  Any ideas/opinions/critiques that you'd be willing to pass on
>would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Greg Deiss, kl7qx

Greg, I have one that I recently aquired.  I really like it.  I also have
the Omni 5 which is a better rig but much more costly of one as well.
I use it as a back up rig and find myself making most of my contacts on
it here lately.  The omni 5 has a better audio quality to it but the
Delta II can sure hold it's own.  I am speaking of a users perspective
only.  I find it a very straight forward rig with easy to use controls
and you don't have to read an encyclopedia to learn to use it.
For portable or just as a main rig, it fits the bill.  Good luck
and I am sure you will enjoy it.....Steve....NW9G