[TenTec] Century 21

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 21
From: jpoulin@erols.com (JEFFREY MICHAEL POULIN)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 05:50:48 -0500
Hi Folks:

I have a chance to buy a Century 21 analog. Apparently it works but the
"tuning slips".
Is this a common problem?  Can Ten Tec easily repair it?

I use a Scout for my HF rig and I'm very happy with it. Can anyone tell me
how the Century 21 compares for receivers, what modes it has, power output,
etc? The price is 100.00 which seems pretty good unless there is a serious
problem. Also, can the Century 21 power output be reduced easily ((knob on
the front  or rear panel, perhaps) as I would probably be using it as an
all band QRP CW rig.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Jeff/KF4JSV