[TenTec] More ClearTone Info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] More ClearTone Info
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:22:52 -0500
Using a scope, af generator and frequency counter, I measured the actual
resonant frequency of the MFJ-281 ClearTone. Here are my results. The
speaker was setting
a plywood workbench. Resonance was quite sharp.

1. 620hz in normal position ie. slight tilt on stand.

2. 580hz with vent holes covered using electrical tape.

3. 564hz face down

4. 615hz normal position but upside down with vent holes on top

5. 426hz with case removed. (volume was much weaker).

Note: Cw is more crisp and clear with the speaker in a slightly tilted
position and
         the back of the speaker against a solid object. This reduces echo
and makes
         for faster copy in my case.

         Those who prefer a slightly lower tone can easily cover the vent
holes.

         Steve Ellington
Amateur Radio Operator N4LQ