[TenTec] Omni "S" Meter lamps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni "S" Meter lamps
From: gfbike@millcomm.com (gfbike)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:20:23 -0600
> In an OMNI V:
>
>              "It's the little things drive you crazy"
>
> Have your S-Meter lamps been flickering OFF and ON? Especially when
> you touch the front panel PassBand or Fade controls? You figure, how
> are they related?

I found that the ground on the "S" meter lamps were not very good. I
took a BIG Weller soldering iron and soldered the bulb socket to the
support bracket and that fixed the problem for good. I hope TenTec has
found a better lamp socket!!!

Now can someone help ME?

I have an Omni V and I just installed the 1.8 KHz filters in both IF's.
Now the second IF filter works fine but the first IF filter (the "NAR"
position) acts as a low cut filter, leaving the audio a lot more
restricted on the low end of the spectrum than I like. Is there a fix
for this?