[TenTec] Better than a converter/AM Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Better than a converter/AM Omni
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: 24 Feb 1998 15:44:42 -0500
For those who want to add casual SWLing to their Omni Ten Tec enjoyment,
the kit I am starting really looks like an easy solution, and is all self
contained with speaker.  The superhet, dual conversion Ten Tec 100 kHz to
30MHz receiver kit will go together in about 15 hours or so, and has
memories, and does the modes that will give you the general coverage that the
Omni VI plus lacks.  Plus, there is the advantage, that you can be SWLing
with one receiver while the Omni is sitting on a ham band awaiting DX or an
opening.  And it is only $195, with the satisfaction that you can say you
built it yourself, and now I understand there is at least one ham enterprise
that undertakes to build up kits for those who cannot.  (Believe I saw that in
Jan. or Feb. "73" magazine.)

73, Stuart K5KVH  "Enjoy building as well as using Ten Tec"