[TenTec] Omni-VI+ Chirps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-VI+ Chirps
From: dcalvin@austin.ibm.com (Duane Calvin)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:03:39 -0600
> "Apparently they are comfortable with the keying although it is in my opinion
> the worst on the air."

>From what I've heard on the air so far, I wouldn't categorize the Omni's
keying as being anywhere close to qualifying as the "worst on the air",
far from it.  I agree, it's also not the best, which I'd like it to be.

> "Interestingly, many Omni VI owners are in the denial stage about their
> keying. Some say they haven't gotten bad reports so the problem doesn't
> exist. True, you will seldom get a bad report however, the problems still
> exist."

Because others don't agree with you on the severity of the problem
doesn't mean they are in denial.  I had a tough time identifying what
you have described on W1AW's signal.  If you had not pointed it out I
probably never would have noticed or looked for it.  I'm glad you're
holding out for a better rig, but for me, I'll just enjoy the VI+ until
they come up with a solution, or with a VII.  (Hmm, does that fit the
signature of a person in denial?  Maybe so!)

        73,  Duane   AC5AA

--
Duane A. Calvin      "All statements are mine only, not my employer's."
ac5aa@juno.com  -or-  duanec@prodigy.net