[TenTec] 1254 Assembly Discovery

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1254 Assembly Discovery
From: larrygibbs@ibm.net (larrygibbs@ibm.net)
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 22:04:36 EST
As I have been taking my time (as time permits) to enjoy the
construction of the 1254 receiver, I happened upon this idea:

There are two methods I have found which allow one to push the
pins of the XTALS through the little holes of the insulators.
One is to lay the insulator with hole indents down on one of
the foam pieces used to hold IC's and press the XTAL through.

An alternate method is to lay the insulator on the pad of the
your thumb or index finger and press the XTAL through the
insulator and into your finger. You will know when the XTAL
pins are through as they will turn red.

It's a fun kit.

Larry

Amateur Radio W3UIO; Team OS/2