[TenTec] Rough Note in a Scout?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rough Note in a Scout?
From: wb2vuo@juno.com (William K Hibbert)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:56:31 EST
I just picked up a Scout from an estate, and the power (on CW) is low,
about 15 watts, and the note is about a T-7.  My first tought was the
power supply, but it checked out fine, and the rough note also shows up
with the boat battery, no charger on the circuit or anything.

SSB output is normal, 50 watts on peaks, but the carrier is "raspy".

Now, the former owner had apparently adjusted the power down at one time,
and the wiper on the power adjust pot has a lot of "play", and as you
turn the pot, the power cuts out completely, then comes back to max.  It
never really sets in at a stable point except at max.  Could this be
causing the rough note andlow CW power?

72/73, Keith, WB2VUO, 100% QRP from the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp
of WNY

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]