[TenTec] Delta 580 ... more Kudo's

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 ... more Kudo's
From: vlegare@gnv.fdt.net (Vin Legare)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:55:38 -0500
Hi, after reading you folks I also had to comment.  I've been seriously
thinking about getting rid of my Delta,  serial # 67.  But you remind me of
what's good about the rig.  I just haven't used it much lately but will
start using it more now.  I agree it has an excellent low noise rcvr.
Signals pop out in a quite band.  I've compared it to my Omni C and find it
a tad better.  The C's a bit noisier.  I've also owned a Triton and a
Paragon, and still think the Delta is quieter.  Not quite as good on
selectivity though, although the audio filters do a great job.
    I'm fortunate, I have all the bands and calibration appears good.  I'll
put a counter to it this weekend.
     Good hamming to all      Vin  W1TUJ