[Fwd: Re: [TenTec] DELTA I / DELTA II FILTER]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [TenTec] DELTA I / DELTA II FILTER]
From: hmmjr@erols.com (H. M. 'Puck' Motley W4PM)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:17:56 -0500

--------------260918167A61

If I could type the address right this would have gone the first time!

--------------260918167A61

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:14:38 -0500
From: "H. M. 'Puck' Motley W4PM" <hmmjr@erols.com>
To: tenrec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DELTA I / DELTA II FILTER

I have a Delta II with the Jones filter.  It's a nice inexpensive way to
get a variable bandwith filter in a small package but it doesn't compare
with the fixed 500 hz and 250 hz filters in my Paragon or the 500 hz
filter in the older Omni's and the Delta 580 I had previously. The Jones
doesn't have the skirt selectivity and tends to get a bit lossy when you
crank in down to the narrowest position (also the center freq changes a
bit and requires compensation by the PBT).  Give me a fixed filter
anyday! It's not a bad compromise for a less than "top of the line" rig
however.
73,
Puck, W4PM

--------------260918167A61--