[TenTec] re: Paddles

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: Paddles
From: w6wqc@juno.com (Alfred L Lorona)
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:40:56 EDT
Hi, all: I also have and cherish my Brown Brothers paddle but my Bencher
paddle is superior. It does not clank and click like the Brown
brothers'.However, I did not like the triangular clear plastic handles. I
could feel the sharp rear edge against my fingers as I manipulated it. So
I drilled them out (they were attached with rivits), fashioned new oval
shaped paddles out of white plastic and put those on with screws/nuts. It
looks great and feels perfect. Much improvement. The Bencher is silky
smooth and I don't think anything else matches the feel it provides. But
I haven't tried them all.

73, Al73, AL

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]