[TenTec] RE: Ten Tec Net This Sunday

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Ten Tec Net This Sunday
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 16:04:00 -0700
Jay;

What day(s) of the week?

Reid, K7YX

_________________________________
Subject: Ten Tec Net This Sunday
Author:  Beamer, Jay [SMTP:JBeamer@PanAmSat.com]  at MSXGATE
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date:    5/6/98 2:21 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've considered, off and on, over the past 3 years a Ten Tec net. I've
mentioned
it on the reflector in the past and got responses like "yeah, good idea" but
no
one seems to step forward, so I guess I'm stepping forward. I'm setting a
time
of 1900Z (12:00 noon California time) for the check-ins to begin. The
frequency
will be 14.275 +/- 10 KHz. The reason for the spread is due to QRM, plus I
have
no idea what nets may be in progress or starting on or about that freq. at
that
time. We can start out with check-ins and describing your station, then
maybe
items for sale, etc. I'll just wing it after the check-ins. It will be a
start.
The freq and the time at not negotiable so please don't ask me to change
them. I
know I can't please everyone. This is just an attempt to get things rolling.
If
anyone feels sure they're going to participate, please drop me an e:mail by
this
Fri at 2200z. That way I'll have stations to call when I start looking for a

frequency around 1840Z, that's 11:40 a.m. local California time. Questions,
comments? Let me know.

73,

Jay/KM6VX
Torrance, Ca.