[TenTec] Why so many repeats?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why so many repeats?
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (W9SN)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:56:42 -0500
Dave Kelley wrote:

> I've been reading this list for about a year now, and I've noticed
> that many people have owned multiple units of a single Ten-Tec model.
> I'm puzzled by this. I can imagine that someone may have sold their first
> unit, regretted it, and then bought a second unit of the same model. But
> why would someone own three, four, or more units of the same model? Am
> I missing something? (I don't buy and sell equipment very much; I tend
> to stick with what I have.)
>
> I really enjoy this reflector. The help and information provided by its
> participants are invaluable, and I'm especially impressed that Scott
> W4PA of Ten-Tec monitors the list!
>
> Tnx es 73,
> Dave NB4J
>
> --
> Dave Kelley
> Ph.D. Candidate (ABD)
> Electrical Engineering Department
> The Pennsylvania State University
> University Park, PA 16802
> davek@yoda.ee.psu.edu
>
> --

Dave, have you been to any hamfests to see all the nuts?
Better yet, go to the mall......enough said?
Why does anybody do anything?  I have bought and sold many rigs
over the years because I love them and found one that I've never owned
and traded one for it and found out I rather have another one all
together.  All in all I've have 4 or 5 of the very same type of rig
several times (all ten tec's)  just because ......I wanted to.
Now I am happy with my Omni V (4 years going now) but also have
a Delta II, and Argosy II, Titan amp, 238 tuner and all acc...
 ......Hey the right offer come down the road
and ......???  I know guys that have done the same thing with old
cars, guns,  and women.......ask a shrink.....I'm probably as nuts
as the next but hey, I've had a great time with many memories....

                                Steve Narducci
                        Amateur Radio Station -  W9SN
                          All Ten Tec Equiptment
                          Toys for "Real" CW Men