[TenTec] Scoop on Scout / DAYTON

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scoop on Scout / DAYTON
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 13:43:55 -0400
At 02:21 PM 5/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
>So I keep hearing that there will be a replacement for the Scout, to be
announced and premiered at Dayton. As I've seen the in the past, however, if
I am not right there for the unveiling, it takes 3-4 months before I get the
scoop (some sort of major lag in advertising, etc.). My curiosity is up, and
I may be in the market for a new rig. What's the scoop in this new radio?

>73, Mike KI6PR

Hi Mike (and all of the Ten-Tec reflector):

We will not be discontinuing the Scout or announcing a new HF rig at
Dayton this year.  I just wanted all of you to have the information
from the source!

We will be bringing the completed RX-320 black box receiver and two
other new items to Dayton this year (neither of which is an HF rig).

Our booth location is the same as years' past, #548-551 in the east
hall at Hara Arena.  We will be having a 30th anniversary celebration
at the booth and will be holding a drawing for several items, including
a Scout 555 as the grand prize.  Stop by and drop your name in the box.

We will have all amateur radio items on display and for sale and will
have nine people on hand to answer your questions throughout the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.  Thanks for your support of
Ten-Tec; we had a terrific year last year and are looking to many
years of the same in the future.

Sincerely,

Scott E. Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec