FW: [TenTec] New QRP Group

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TenTec] New QRP Group
From: alexm@pennwell.com (Alex Mendelsohn)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 8:59:00 -0600
Say Mike, how about an award for QRPers in ARRL Field Day? Ade Weiss used to
award a terrific plaque to the QRP stations that scored high in each FD
category. It's a shame that doesn't exist anymore.

I recall great FDs about ten years ago. For two years in a row, we operated
as N2RI.
 KQ2G held down a frequency on 75 fone with a 509 Argonaut (true story, I
was amazed).

N2RI and myself alternately pounded brass with another 509. We had a Novice
station operated by KA2CAQ, using a Bobtail curtain on 15 meters and a Heath
HW-8.  We also operated QRP AMTOR. Terrific!

We took QRP awards and plaques two years in a row.

Your thoughts?  Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex in Kennebunk, Maine .-.-.