[TenTec] WTB: Omni-C CW Filters & A Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WTB: Omni-C CW Filters & A Question
From: casey.bahr@intel.com (Bahr, Casey)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:29:35 -0700
Alas, my newly acquired Omni-C does not have either optional
filter (1.8 KHz or 500 Hz) installed as I was led to believe. If anyone
has any of the optional filters for this rig they'd like to sell me,
please let me know. I am interested in them in the following
order of preference: 500 Hz (#217), 250 Hz (#219), 1.8 KHz (#218).

Does the #219 go into the 0.5 slots? And if I install either optional
filter must I remove the corresponding yellow jumper wire?

Also, as per my Triton, I expected there to be a noticeable difference
in sound when switching from either SSB mode to CW mode as
the built-in 750 Hz CW filter should be switched in, right? Seems like
a very unlikely part to fail, perhaps I'm overlooking some other setting?
With Selectivity switches at 2.4 KHz and audio filter off I hear no
sound difference listening to a SSB signal and switching the mode
to CW.

One more bit of almost interesting trivia. I look at an original magazine
add for the Omni-C and my Omni-C and noticed that the both
selectivity switches in each have the settings labels reversed. Wonder
why that change was made. Mine go from top to bottom: 0.5, 1.8, 2.4
and audio filters 2, 1, 0.

cheers es 73,

Casey Bahr, KS7J, FISTS #3648
Trustee, FISTS Northwest, K7FFF, FISTS #4400
http://www.imagina.com/webpages/casey/k7fff
Vista Valley FISTS CW Club, K6FFF, FISTS #4444
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/k6ffffists