[TenTec] Caveat Emptor--It Only Takes One

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Caveat Emptor--It Only Takes One
From: aslusher@erols.com (Alan Slusher)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 18:51:57 -0400
Dave:

You are not alone.  I sent funds to the same gentleman for one of the items
he advertised (a #243 VFO).  He acknowledged receipt of the funds and held
me in a (very) long phone conversation about unrelated matters when I called
to find out what the situation was.  That was two weeks ago.

He replied to my email of a couple of days ago to say that he was
incapacitated by emergency surgery, but that he would get a friend to mail
my stuff to me this coming Friday.  I am waiting, but not holding my breath.

This is a major departure from the very salutary experiences I have had in
buying ham stuff via the 'net.  This guy has the potential to give the
entire system a bad name.

Cheers, anyway.

Alan W3/ V31FA
Rockville, MD