[TenTec] Choosing A Used Ten Tec Rig

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Choosing A Used Ten Tec Rig
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:57:41 -0400
I have just started to look for an Omni-C because it is represented as
being especially sensitive and selective (among the under $600. and less
range rigs), and because it matches the Herc. 444 amp perfectly (permitting
automatic bandswitching, etc.)
I am told that the Delta 580 and Corsair-I are even better than the Omni-C,
but I am concerned that TenTec has said that the Omni-C is the only rig
truly suitable for the Herc. 444 -- since the TenTec site is onece again
unreachable for some reason, can anyone help me to sort this all out,
please?  (I am new to TenTec rigs.)
1.  What are the compatibility issues with the Delta 580 and Corsair-I
versus the Omni-C with the Herc. 444?
2.  What are the specific performance advantages of the Delta 580 and
Corsair-I over the Omni-C?
3.  What should I pay for an Omni-C with 1.8kHz and 500Hz filters?  The
Delta 580?  The Corsair-I?
4.  Any recommendations as to accessories and configurations I should seek
in these rigs?
Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA